6.6.09

Hunter S Thompson =paintin in progress=








Ok so this is a freelance work I am doing for the father of a friend/boss of mine. Here I developed a sketch from a photograph that he sent me, and I wanted to put a little extra in the portrait so I put the pattern of bats on the color. This gives the portrait pattern and a second read. If you have seen the film or read the book of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Hunter S Thompson see's a couple of strange things such as bats. So after the sketch I went online to do further research and find more pictures. I just have to say Hunter other wise known for by his reporting manner called Gonzo vision was a very interesting guy. If you have time watch his interviews. The other paintings are color studies deciding on going with a cool overall tone or warm tone with him being an older man, which looks a lot more interesting in my opinion. What do you think? I am starting the final tomorrow night and will post the painting after it is completed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey, I have not spoken with you in a very long time I hope your doing well. I just wanted to say your work is looking great, always impressed by your paintings brother. keep in touch.
-C J Darden

Francis Vallejo said...

the 5th image down is MONEY!!!

Del Rey said...

Jeez!! that fifth one really is awesome man! good stuff!